His first research activities were focused on charged particle optics and application in display devices. They gave the matter of PhD degree. Since 1994, he was engaged in project cooperation between Southeast University and Philips Company. He had designed a few new electron guns for cathode ray tubes, and he also investigated the method to improve the sensitivity of deflection coil.
Now, his research fields covers the nano materials for displays, field effect transistor based on nano wires, 3D display technologies, and micro-displays. He has published more than 300 hundred papers in the scientific journals, and give more than 30 invited talkings and oral presentations in the conference. Besides this, he has got 32 patents. Since 1995, he has finished 22 collaborative projects between university and display industries.
Recent Research Project：
1.“Investigation of ultra high field emission from nano materials and applications”, NSFC project, 2014~2017;
2.“Research of efficient quantum dot light emitting diode based on nano metal oxide”, Major NSFC project, 2014~2016;
3.“ Research on the electro-optical properties of display devices and the perception of human’s brain”, 973 project, 2010~2014;
4.“Resarch of the field emission with nano structures and its application in electron sources”, the major international (regional) joint research project from Chinese NSFC, 2012~2016;
STUDIES & DIPLOMA
1983-1987 Undergraduate student in department of electronic engineering, Nanjing Industrial Technology Univ. Got B.S. degree in Sept. 1987.
1987-1989 Postgraduate student in department of electronic engineering, Nanjing Industrial Technology Univ. Got M.S. degree in July. 1989.
1990-1993 Ph. D student in the department of electronic engineering, Southeast University. Got Ph.D degree in Oct. 1993
Positions IN Southeast University, China
After the graduation in 1993, he joined in Southeast University.
1993-1994 Assistant professor in the department of electronic engineering, Southeast University
1994-1996 Lecturer in the department of electronic engineering, Southeast University
1996-2000 Associate professor in the department of electronic engineering, Southeast University
2000-2008 Professor in the school of electronic science and engineering, Southeast University
2008-2009 Professor and vice dean in the school of electronic science and engineering, Southeast University
2010- 2011 Professor and executive vice dean in the school of electronic science and engineering, Southeast University
2012- Professor in the school of electronic science and engineering, Director of Academic Affair office, Southeast UniversityGeneral secretary of Chinese association of Display Technology;
General secretary of Chinese vacuum society of Jiangsu Province;
Vice director of Chinese association of vacuum nano electronics;
Member IEEE Society (Electron Device), Member of SID
1.Hot Electron Field Emission via Individually Transistor-Ballasted Carbon Nanotube Arrays/Acs Nano 2012,(6),3236-3242 / C. Li, Y. Zhang, M. T. Cole, S. G. Shivareddy, J. S. Barnard, W. Lei, B. P. Wang, D. Pribat, G. A. J. Amaratunga and W. I. Milne
2.A quantum dot sensitized solar cell based on vertically aligned carbon nanotube templated ZnO arrays/Electrochemistry Communications 2010(12), 1432-1435./J. Chen,C. Li,D. W. Zhao,W. Lei,Y. Zhang,M. T. Cole,D. P. Chu,B. P. Wang,Y. P. Cui, X. W. Sun
3.Co-sensitized quantum dot solar cell based on ZnO nanowire/ Applied Surface Science 2010, (256), 7438-7441/ J. Chen, J. Wu, W. Lei, J.L. Song, W.Q. Deng, X.W. Sun
4.High emission current density, vertically aligned carbon nanotube mesh, field emitter array/Applied Physics Letters 2010,(97), 113107/C. Li,Y. Zhang,M. Mann,D. Hasko,W. Lei,B. P. Wang,D. P. Chu,D. Pribat,G. A. J. Amaratunga,W. I. Milne
5.Directly assembled CdSe quantum dots on TiO2 in aqueous solution by adjusting pH value for quantum dot sensitized solar cells/Electrochemistry Communications 2009, (11), 2265-2267/J. Chen,D. W. Zhao,J. L.
6. Song,X. W. Sun,W. Q. Deng,X. W. Liu,W. Lei Bilayer ZnO nanostructure fabricated by chemical bath and its application in quantum dot sensitized solar cell/ Applied Surface Science 2009, (225), 7508-7511/ J. Chen, Chen. Li, J.L. Song, X.W. Sun, W. Lei, W.Q. Deng
7. An oleic acid-capped CdSe quantum-dot sensitized solar cell / Applied Physics Letters 2009 (94), 153115/J. Chen,J. L. Song,X. W. Sun,W. Q. Deng,C. Y. Jiang,W. Lei,J. H. Huang,R. S. Liu.
8. Enhanced field emission from ZnO nanotetrapods on a carbon nanofiber buffered Ag film by screen printing/ Applied Physics Letters 2008,(93), 233508/ C Li, K Hou, X X Yang, K Qu, W Lei,X B Zhang, B P Wang, and X. W. Sun
9. Enhanced field emission from injector-like ZnO nanostructures with minimized screening effect/Nanotechnology 2007, (18), 135604/C. Li,Y. Yang,X. W. Sun,W. Lei,X. B. Zhang,B. P. Wang,J. X. Wang,B. K. Tay,J. D. Ye,G. Q. Lo
10. Field emission characteristic of screen-printed carbon nanotube cathode/ Applied Surface Science 2003,(220), 96-104/ J T Li, W Lei, X B Zhang, B P Wang